Kapsch to showcase their full portfolio of the latest integrated mobility solutions for smart cities and highways at the ITS World Congress.
Smart cities of the future need innovative systems that address multimodal network analysis and evolving needs of end users, while enhancing agency collaboration. From October 21 to 25, Kapsch experts are presenting and discussing their most recent and innovative mobility solutions at Booth #359.
Vienna/Singapore, October 16, 2019 – Recent trends in urbanization, congestion and mode shifting present significant challenges in transport terms. Cities have to become smarter about how they move people and goods and need to find solutions which offer an improved user experience. Today, technologies that enable cities to do this are available. Smart devices are now commonplace and put information at citizens’ fingertips – from the individual’s perspective, these solutions are seamless and simple to use. However, enabling service providers to quantify and satisfy travellers’ ambitions requires sophisticated supporting technology.
Delivering innovation to transform today’s challenges into opportunities
Crucial for its success is to partner with a service provider having expertise, maturity, and a broad scope of offerings in terms of highway and urban mobility management capabilities, tolling, V2X, MaaS, and a multi-modal back office. Therefore, Kapsch will be showcasing their full portfolio of the latest integrated mobility solutions in realistic scenarios and sharing their vision for the future of urban mobility, which is focused on delivering innovation through smart solutions and agency cooperation whilst balancing demand across all modes.
Developing Smart Cities requires Smart Partnerships
As part of Kapsch’s focus in unlocking the full potential of their integrated mobility solutions, Kapsch TrafficCom Australia has signed a Memorandum of Understanding with the University of Melbourne to create a ‘Mobility Hub’ within the Australian Integrated Multimodal EcoSystem (AIMES) environment – a world-first living laboratory based on the streets of Melbourne, established to test highly integrated transport technology with a goal to deliver safer, cleaner, and more sustainable urban transport outcomes. The details of the project will be announced for the first time at the ITS World Congress.
Expert Corner Speeches at Booth #359:
- Soren Tellegen, Executive Vice President Asia-Pacific, “Kapsch’s vision for the future of ITS in Asia-Pacific region”: Building sustainable urban mobility requires smart and powerful solutions as well as multi-agency collaboration – join us for this session to learn how Kapsch can help transform today’s challenges into opportunities.
Tuesday, October 22, 10am – 10.15am
- Rohan Fernando, Vice President Sales Asia-Pacific, “Our Smart Partnerships – Success Stories in Asia”: We believe that smart relationships lead to sustainable solutions and exceptional user experience – join us for this session to find out more on how we deliver outstanding value to our Partners and work together to build a new age of smart urban mobility.
Tuesday, October 22, 2pm – 2.15pm
- David Bolt, Vice President Solution Consulting Asia-Pacific, “Kapsch’s digital transformation in mobility management”: It is our mission to support road users with Intelligent Mobility Solutions that can help them reach their destination comfortably, safely, on time and with minimal environmental impact – join us for this session to find out more about our innovative tools.
Tuesday, October 22, 3pm – 3.15pm
- David Bolt, Vice President Solution Consulting Asia-Pacific and Prof. Majid Sarvi, University of Melbourne, “Australian Integrated Multimodal EcoSystem – AIMES”: Join us for this session when Kapsch and the University of Melbourne present how industry and academia can work together to shape the future of smart transport.
Wednesday, October 23, 10am – 10.15am
Kapsch experts will provide answers to important questions on smart mobility and cities of the future:
- Anto Komarica, Vice President Product Management Solution Center Tolling: all questions related to tolling solutions and products.
Wednesday, October 23, 2pm – 4pm; Thursday, October 24, 2pm – 4pm
- Tracy Bumpers, Executive Vice President Solution Center Traffic: all question related to traffic management (cities, highways) and V2X/Connected Vehicles
Tuesday, October 22, 10am – 12am; Wednesday, October 23, 10am – 12am
- Michael Kieslinger, Managing Director Fluidtime Data Services GmbH: all questions related to Integrated Mobility Services and Mobility-as-a-Service
Thursday, October 24, 10am – 12am; Friday, October 25, 11am – 1pm
- Soren Tellegen, Executive Vice President Asia-Pacific: all questions related to Kapsch's vision for the future of ITS in APAC
Tuesday, October 22, 10.30am – 12.30am; Thursday, October 24, 10am – 12am
- David Bolt, Vice President Solution Consulting Asia-Pacific: all questions related to Kapsch Digital Transformation and Mobility Management
Tuesday, October 22, 3.30pm – 5.30pm; Wednesday, October 23, 2.30pm – 4.30pm
If you are interested, we are happy to arrange a personal meeting upon request.
P +61 436 680 471
Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways while helping to reduce pollution.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom with headquarters in Vienna, has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries. It has been listed in the Prime Market of the Vienna Stock Exchange since 2007 (ticker symbol: KTCG). Kapsch TrafficCom‘s about 5,000 employees generated revenues of EUR 738 million in fiscal year 2018/19.