Preliminary results for financial year 2020/21.
The financial year 2020/21 of Kapsch TrafficCom ended on March 31, 2021. Based on preliminary figures, the company expects revenues of about EUR 500 million. The operating result (EBIT) including negative special effects will be a loss of about EUR 124 million. The most relevant negative special effects account for an EBIT impact of about EUR 139 million and include:
- EUR -79 million: Adjustment of project margins and provisions for onerous contracts, particularly for projects in North America
- EUR -21 million: Goodwill impairment
- EUR -14 million: Provisions for restructurings
- EUR -8 million: Provision for lawsuit in the USA
- EUR -8 million: Currency effects
- EUR -6 million: Impairment of inventory
- EUR -3 million: Impairment of trade receivables
Despite the significantly negative result, the equity ratio still amounts to about 14%.
As of March 31, 2021, Kapsch TrafficCom held liquid funds in excess of EUR 100 million.
Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
Kapsch has brought projects to fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. With one-stop solutions, the company covers the entire value chain of customers, from components to design and implementation to the operation of systems.
As part of the Kapsch Group and headquartered in Vienna, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries. It has been listed in the Prime Market segment of the Vienna Stock Exchange since 2007 (ticker symbol: KTCG). In its 2019/20 financial year, around 5,100 employees generated revenues of EUR 731.2 million.