Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
The JTMC is a multi-agency facility that is the central point for coordinating traffic and incident response within the five boroughs of New York City.
The JTMC is a multi-agency facility that is the central point for coordinating traffic and incident response. JTMC is the nerve center for disseminating information related to planned and unplanned transportation incidents throughout the five boroughs of New York City. JTMC provides real time traffic information to daily commuters by using CCTVs, Variable Message Boards, and 511NY.
This is a part time position.
Pay is $22.29 an hour.
Traffic/System Operators will be responsible for monitoring the roadway utilizing ITS devices and project specific software to maintain an accurate real-time traffic incident status database.
- Monitor roadways via CCTV cameras and secondary sources (Maps, T-Rex, 511NY, Field Technicians, etc.)
- Use standard operating procedures to detect, dispatch, monitor, and document roadway incidents.
- Perform routine checklist of all ITS equipment (CCTV, VMS) and JTMC operations floor equipment (telephones, video wall, workstations, etc.)
- Work with contractors and consulting firms to maintain operations.
- Answer telephones quickly and in a professional manner.
Desired Skills for Traffic/System Operators:
Candidate must possess strong interpersonal communication and computer skills. Candidate must be a self-starter who possess the abilities to multitask and be a team player. Position requires individuals to operate various computer-based traffic & freeway management systems. Responsibilities are broad in scope and require an innate ability to assess a situation rapidly and act decisively. Work is performed under direct supervision of the Lead Operator.
- Minimum of an associate’s degree is required.
- One to two years of experience of transportation management type work.
- Must be able to perform all required operational functions.
- Must have the ability to work in a high-pressure environment.
- Must be flexible to irregular hours scheduled (24/7 operations center) and be a team player.
- Must possess excellent communication, writing, and computer skills.
- Must possess strong knowledge of roadways within the five boroughs.
- Must be able to read a roadway map.
- Past experience in dispatch, call centers, help desks, data entry, customer support, customer care, telemarketing, telesales, or surveillance is beneficial but NOT mandatory
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST BE WILLING TO SUBMIT TO MANDATORY ENTRY AND RANDOM DRUG TESTS, EMPLOYMENT VERIFICATION, AND A BACKGROUND CHECK.