Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Traffic Management Center Operator
Kapsch TrafficCom North America
The work involves operating a variety of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices and information systems to monitor, evaluate, and direct traffic operations in the Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) coverage area, along with coordinating with the Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) and First Responders and State DOT (Caltrans) personnel.
Responsibilities & Duties
Traffic Monitoring and Management
- Monitor traffic flow
- Identify incidents
- Coordinate Freeway Service Patrol (FSP)
- Coordinate with other organizations such as California Highway Patrol (CHP) and Caltrans
- Operate CCTV Cameras, DMS (Dynamic Message Sign), and other related systems
- Data entry for use in the Traveler Information System
- Manage Roadwork
- Detect and verify incidents
- Initiate and coordinate response
- Activate and verify public information
- Disseminate incident information
- TOC Control Room shall coordinate FSP services after identification of an incident as required
- Documentation of related or required data as needed
The ideal candidate will have specialized experience and subject matter knowledge of the following though no prior TOC / ITS work experience is required:
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) traffic systems control, incident management, automated communications networks and systems, and the techniques and strategies of traffic information management and dissemination
- Previous customer service or emergency dispatch experience is a plus
- In-depth knowledge of the Riverside County roadway system
- Ability to multi-task in fast pace situations.
- In-depth experience with computers is a must.
High School graduate with some college is preferred. Must be able to pass a stringent background check, be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products and must be detail oriented and demonstrate good problem solving ability.