Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our office in Brisbane. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing systems maintenance, support and operation of the IT infrastructure system of Kapsch clients' hosted environments.
This role is a systems administrator for the maintenance of servers, networks and the IT infrastructure in general that contains the solutions that Kapsch delivered to customers; providing technical advice and support to the first-level support team, ensuring that the different aspects of the infrastructure are operational (Virtualization -VMWare/vCenter-, Backup Tools -Veaam-, Domain Administration -GPO-, Software Patching, Identification and administration of Vulnerabilities, Firewalls, general support for Windows and/or Linux and Supplier Management -HPE, DELL, ETC-)
Flexibility, knowledge share, as well as the opportunity to make a big impact in a Global company by providing ideas and opportunities for improvements are some of the most notable attributes of the team you will be part of.
As a member of the Operations SysAdmin team, you will share the following responsibilities:
- Become the SME (Subject Matter Expert) on security, vulnerability and commercial software upgrades, providing advice to peers and managers on the best and safest approach for implementing changes.
- Promote best practices and identify improvement opportunities.
- Configure and maintain IT hardware infrastructure including Servers, Storage and network devices;
- Maintain product manuals including records of associated malfunctions.
- Reporting of infrastructure and Network systems performance & security updates for management review;
- Security monitoring to identify any potential vulnerabilities to internal or external systems;
- Producing and maintaining comprehensive documentation of IT infrastructure and procedures, including external service provider engagements (such as warranty information, vendor support, etc.);
- Managing hardware or software failures, coordinating and communicating with impacted constituencies;
- Liaise with 3rd party suppliers and vendors as required;
- Track, manage and report on support issues, both internally to management and externally to customers;
- Ensure all tasks are properly and timely recorded in the time tracking system as required;
- Provide effort estimations, implementation steps, overviews and risk assessments of changes on IT systems, being mindful at all times of the impact it may have on production.
- Support and implement software patches.
Our line of work is essential to the operation of roads, ensuring our customers have the resources they need to ensure the road users safety and therefore COVID has no impacted our continuation.
You are highly organized and motivated. You possess a keen eye for detail and able to use your out of the box thinking to solve complex technical issues.
This role will suit someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Software Engineer or similar is preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT customer service or technical role with a demonstrated ability and hands on experience configuring, managing and supporting computer systems;
- Previous experience administering Windows Servers (2008-2019) and VMWare (physical and virtual servers);
- Experience configuring and managing LAN, WAN, Backup, Disaster Recover and various security systems; and
At Kapsch, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity and inclusion. As an international company, we are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and operate. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, responsibility, professionalism, dynamism while working together as a team towards achieving our goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we give our employees an opportunity to grow and develop their careers and we are big on learning.
- Opportunity to work with a Global Company – Job Stability
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Flexibility, Supportive, dynamic & driven team
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 1 Day Paid Special Leave in December
- Access to EAP and Wellness Activities
- Online Learning and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Town Hall Meetings and other company-sponsored activities
If this sounds like the role for, click 'APPLY NOW'.