Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) are mainly infrastructure centric today. Despite high decent efforts to make connected vehicles reality, there are only few use cases yet deployed at scale that fully utilize the enormous potential residing in bringing road users and road managers together.
Demand Management is an innovation program of Kapsch TrafficCom that aims at changing that. It pursues disruptive technologies that will elevate transportation to its next level and make traffic substantially faster and cleaner.
We are a team of engineers with track record in ITS. The last years we’ve spent building solutions and pilots. Now it is about scaling the business. We are looking for skilled and motivated individuals who join us in transforming our industry and making a difference for environment and people.
- Solution Management
You will take responsibility for one or more solutions: Defining requirements, algorithms and technology, driving development and testing, with both inhouse and 3rd party teams.
- Customer Interaction
A number of friendly customers – both road operators and from the vehicle sector – share our vision and support us in piloting solutions. You will take responsibility for interacting with one or more of those key supporters.
- Pilot Execution
Pioneer installations serve us to reality check technology and demonstrate feasibility to industry and customers. You will take responsibility for pursuing one or more key pilot initiatives.
- Partner Management
Technology partners provide solutions not developed inhouse. Go-to-market partners help to approach other industries and to get access to end users owners (automotive OEMs, navigation, etc.). You will take responsibility for interacting with one or more of those key partners.
- Markets and Sales
Kapsch maintains a global Sales and Delivery organization. You will enable and support Sales Manages and Solution Consultants to pursue our business. Focus is on EMENA in the first years.
Your qualifications and skills:
- Degree in STEM discipline (natural science, technology, engineering, mathematics)
- 5 years of professional experience in STEM related industries, thereof 3 years in intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Track record:
- System engineering of ITS
- Client interaction in ITS projects
- Ideally also sales related tasks, e.g., supporting sales managers with technical expertise
- International ITS projects or business
- Further expertise of benefit:
- Application of data and computer science methods to ITS
- Ownership of ITS solutions, ITS customers
- Traffic signal management
- Experience in leading small teams
- Passion to drive collaboration across the internal organization as well as in multiple customer and partner context, in order to deliver high-quality results
- Self-motivated, committed and willing to take over responsibility
- Structured and solution-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as presentation skills
- German: verbal (C2), written (C2); English: verbal (C2), written (C1)
- Flexibility and willingness to travel approx. once a week.
- Ambitioned team and international working environment with colleagues around the globe
- Exciting challenges with room for new ideas and creative leeway
- Attractive career path within the organization
- Social benefits of a modern company, e.g. flexible working hours, home office, mobile devices, operating restaurants, meal discount, bridge day regulation etc.
- A market-compatible gross salary of € 80.000 p.a. which can be adapted according to your qualification and relevant experience
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.