Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Kapsch TrafficCom is looking for a Senior Product Manager for its 5.8GHz CEN / ISO DSRC and ISO 18000-6C /- 63 RFID ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) transponder products.
Kapsch TrafficCom is world market leader with its 5.8GHz CEN / ISO DSRC ETC transponders deployed approx.. > 100 Mio. worldwide with significant contribution to companies commercial and market success.
• Product Management in the area of 5.8GHz CEN / ISO DSRC and RFID ISO 18000-6C /- 63 ETC (Electronic Toll Collection) transponders
• Commercial and technical product line responsibility
• Define and execute the product strategy according company’s overall strategy
• Lead the product discovery and innovation process
• Create global market intelligence reports, business plans and associated roadmaps
• Collection and analysis of market trends and needs
• Establish product go-to market concepts and product specifications
• Drive product specific regulation and standardization frame work CEN / ISO DSRC Interest Group, EC, ASECAP
• Assign product developments and act as a business partner of the product owner
• Validate the economic impact of design decisions
• Define marketing material content
• Ensure professional pre-sales support in close cooperation with regions EMENA, LAM, APAC, AFRICA, NAM
• Orchestrate frequent and high-fidelity communications with key stakeholders through the entire product lifecycle
• Coordinate with sales, solution consulting, application center tolling, supply chain, marketing, operations, legal, and finance to ensure successful product supply, communications, and adoption
• Manage technical requirements, working closely with application center tolling, the product owners and technology platform, and production organization to deliver effective and high performance market solutions, ensuring and extending market position.
• University degree with a combined technical and economic background
• Min. 5 years’ experience in technology markets preferred in the field of electronic toll collection or the ITS segment, with min 3 years product management with a technology vendor
• Familiarity and experience with markets based on regulations and open standards
• Advanced knowledge of product management principles, frameworks, and best practices incl. market analysis, strategy & business planning,
• Well-developed strategic thinking
• Experience in cooperation with customers, partner companies and subcontractors
• Subject matter leadership with collaborative working style
• Know-how of 5.8GHz CEN / ISO DSRC and RFID ISO 18000-6C /- 63 ETC appreciated
• Strong communications skills, with our primary language English, but additional languages are of high value German, French, Spanish, Swedish
• Occasional international travel
Our offer to you:
• An interesting position to grow worldwide leadership within a global renowned family owned company
• High responsibility within one of the company’s strategic areas high revenue and market growth potential
• An international multi-disciplinary working environment
• Market and technological challenges with potential for new and innovative ideas
• A gross salary of € 60.000, (based on 38,5h/week) p.a. – which can be adapted according to your qualification and relevant experience
• Location: Vienna (Kapsch TrafficCom HQ)
• Start date: as soon as possible
• Ongoing professional education and training measures
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome all applications without regard to age, gender, religious beliefs/ ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.