Kapsch TrafficCom offers innovative solutions for transport and traffic. In the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, road safety, and connected vehicles, the company creates systems for sustainable mobility.
By offering cutting-edge mobility solutions in the field of traffic, Kapsch TrafficCom is pursuing a clear vision: to help people get from A to B – comfortably, safely, efficiently, and on time. Throughout the entire value chain, we focus on sustainability and ways to protect the environment.
We are pleased to introduce an opportunity to become a part of our Operations Department in Brisbane as a Security Support Specialist. This role plays a vital part in ensuring the security, integrity, and availability of our Tolling and Traffic Management systems. As a Security Support Specialist, the individual collaborates closely with the Cybersecurity team to evaluate potential vulnerabilities, assess their impact, and propose mitigation measures to uphold the systems' security posture.
Functioning as a highly regarded team member, the Security Support Specialist shoulders a crucial duty in identifying cybersecurity vulnerabilities and threats. They are positioned at the forefront of suggesting and implementing effective mitigation measures to guarantee the security, integrity, and availability of the tolling system and the sensitive data it manages.
The ideal candidate demonstrates an adept grasp of tolling system architecture, cybersecurity best practices, and an active approach to recognizing and mitigating potential security risks.
For those individuals who possess exceptional skills and motivation, along with a deep passion for cybersecurity and a strong desire to make a substantial difference, we extend an invitation to apply for the role of Cybersecurity Verification Analyst. By joining our team, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the robust security of our Tolling and Traffic Management systems.
- Collaborate closely with the Cybersecurity team to assess potential vulnerabilities and threats to the Tolling and Traffic Management systems.
- Analyze the impact of new vulnerabilities on system security and provide recommendations for effective mitigation strategies.
- Conduct thorough assessments of the systems' security architecture to identify potential risks and vulnerabilities.
- Stay up to date with the latest cybersecurity trends, attack techniques, and best practices to ensure the continuous improvement of security measures.
- Assist in the development and implementation of security policies, procedures, and guidelines to enhance overall system security.
- Monitor security information and event management (SIEM) systems and intrusion detection systems (IDS) for signs of potential security breaches.
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to integrate security practices into the system development lifecycle.
- Provide expert insights into secure coding practices, aiding software developers in producing secure code that minimizes vulnerabilities.
- Assist in incident response activities, including identification, containment, and recovery from cybersecurity incidents.
- Support the creation of security awareness and training programs for employees to foster a strong security culture within the organization.
- Conduct regular vulnerability assessments and penetration tests on the systems to proactively identify and address security weaknesses.
- Collaborate with third-party vendors and partners to ensure their systems and integrations adhere to cybersecurity best practices.
- Participate in security audits and assessments, addressing any identified gaps to ensure ongoing compliance with industry standards and regulations.
- Analyze security logs and data to identify patterns, anomalies, and potential security breaches.
- Provide timely and accurate reports on the security status of the systems, highlighting vulnerabilities, threats, and mitigation efforts.
At Kapsch, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity and inclusion. As an international company, we are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and operate. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, responsibility, professionalism, dynamism while working together as a team towards achieving our goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we give our employees an opportunity to grow and develop their careers and we are big on learning.
- Opportunity to work with a Global Company – Job Stability
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Flexibility, Supportive, dynamic & driven team
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 1 Day Paid Special Leave in December
- Access to EAP and Wellness Activities
- Online Learning and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Town Hall Meetings and other company-sponsored activities
Kapsch is a values-driven organization and we work closely as a team. We are a Learning organization that invests in our employee development through various learning platforms. We work as a team where collaboration and information sharing is a way of life.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must have right to work and must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
If this sounds an opportunity that suits you, please click the link below to apply. We look forward to your interest!
This is an urgent role and assessment includes interviews, reference checks and other assessments as required.