Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility, with innovative solutions in the fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management which contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
Kapsch TrafficCom Australia is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Tolling Maintenance Specialist to join our dynamic team in Bowen Hills, Brisbane. As a Tolling Maintenance Specialist, you will provide technical support and maintenance services for Tolling systems, ensuring their smooth operation and functionality by providing support to mechanical devices and systems, encompassing software-related assistance such as configuration, troubleshooting, and other aspects involved in supporting a computational system. This includes assisting in the resolution of any issues or malfunctions that may arise, performing troubleshooting, and implementing necessary repairs or adjustments to keep the systems running optimally. The candidate will have the opportunity to actively engage with emerging technologies and advancements in the field, staying up-to-date with the latest trends and innovations. This involvement in new technologies of the future presents a chance for professional growth and development, expanding their skillset and knowledge base to adapt to the evolving landscape of Tolling systems and Traffic .
This role involves 24 hour on-call duties for up to 2 weeks on a shared rotational roster, with additional overtime available. - Potential to earn up to an additional 15% on your base salary with on call and overtime rates available.
While prior IT knowledge is advantageous, you'll get all the training and support you need to get up to speed on the necessary tasks while enhancing your career and learning about electronic toll collection and traffic management systems. Additionally you will have the opportunity to be a part of the company that delivers cutting-edge technologies such as connected vehicles, which is the first step to driverless cars in Australia.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive Salary + Super + Overtime Opportunities + Company Vehicle (during on-call) + Phone + Uniform.
- Stability & Career Advancement – We offer a platform for you to grow within our team or beyond, with ample networking opportunities and comprehensive training programs.
- Flexibility – Embrace a hybrid working model that allows you to work from home on certain days, providing a healthy work-life balance.
- Cutting-Edge Technologies – Be at the forefront of technological advancements in the tolling industry. We encourage and support your involvement in exploring and implementing the latest innovations.
- Down-To-Earth Culture – Join our team with a down-to-earth, honest, and open management approach, fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
- Great Working Conditions – Enjoy working in a supportive, dynamic, and driven team that values teamwork and has your back.
- Professional Growth – We prioritize your personal and professional development, offering training opportunities to enhance your skills and expand your expertise.
- Maintenance and Support: Provide technical support and maintenance services for Tolling systems, including troubleshooting, diagnosing, and resolving issues, conducting repairs, and implementing system adjustments to ensure optimal functionality. Meet and exceed Service Level Agreements to guarantee high-quality service delivery.
- System Monitoring: Monitor Tolling systems, perform regular checks, and proactively identify potential problems or areas for improvement. Take appropriate action to address any issues, ensuring minimal disruption to operations and adhering to Service Level Agreements.
- Technical Expertise: Develop a deep understanding of Tolling systems, including hardware, software, and network infrastructure. Stay updated with the latest industry trends, advancements, and emerging technologies relevant to Tolling operations. Apply technical expertise to effectively address maintenance and support needs.
- Flexibility and Adaptability: Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in handling various maintenance tasks, ranging from routine system checks to complex problem-solving. Willingly work on-call and during non-standard hours, when required, to ensure uninterrupted Tolling system operations.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain accurate records of maintenance activities, including repairs, system modifications, and upgrades. Prepare detailed reports on system performance, issues encountered, and recommended solutions. Ensure timely documentation and reporting in accordance with organizational guidelines.
- Collaboration and Communication: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, technicians, and project managers, to coordinate maintenance activities, exchange technical knowledge, and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives. Communicate effectively to ensure efficient problem resolution and seamless workflow across departments.
Some of your skills and attributes will include:
- Ability to learn basics of IT Support;
- Competent IT user, Microsoft suite, Windows & general network configuration;
- General knowledge of Electrical and WHS Standards is desirable;
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and have an excellent safety record;
- Able to work safely at heights;
- A current Australian drivers licence; and
- Able to have fun, be safe and make the workplace enjoyable.
If this sounds you, we would love to hear from you by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button.