Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
This recrtuiment process is for an international team, so please submit your resume in English.
We are looking for a Data Science Engineer. If you have a proficient background in information technology with a specific focus on Data Science / Data Engineering and you´re passionate about mobility and traffic data in this field, apply for the role and grow with us!
- You power our data products enabling data-driven decisions to improve traffic safety and prediction accuracy
- You design data modeling processes to create algorithms and predictive models
- You develop, train and test ML models to perform information retrieval and forecast analysis for mobility and traffic data domain
- You analyze traffic data by using analytical, statistical techniques and programmable skills
- You productize models and package them into independent software services
- You continuously improve deployed models by applying state-of-the-art techniques as well as code and data set quality
- You are automating what is not
- Contribution to software development in close collaboration with the team
- Master Degree in IT / Data Science or equivalent practical experience
- Proven experience in product development of data related products
- Hands-on with Python, NumPy, Pandas, Matplotlib, scikit-learn, model/code-testing
- Experience in building up ML train and release pipelines
- Solid understanding of ML algorithms, proficient in math and statistics
- Analytical, agile mindset and strong problem solving skills
- Good oral and written English
- Knowledge of time series and geo-data
- Experience with Tensorflow, Keras, R, Jupyter
- Knowledge of data version control and ML-metadata
- Practical knowledge of CI/CD tools of advantage
- Good to have: Java, Cloud
- Permanent full-time role
- Hybrid working model (3 days of remote work/week + 2 days at the office)
- Flexible working hours
- 29 business days of annual leave
- Flexible remuneration plan
- Work in a friendly environment within a dynamic international team
- Challenging limits of mobility for a healthy world without congestion
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.