Our core business is to design, build and operate electronic toll collection systems for multi-lane free-flow traffic. With our end-to-end solutions, we cover the entire value creation chain of our customers as a one-stop shop, from components and subsystems to their integration and operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join our professional team in Sydney, Australia on a permanent full-time basis.
The Control Systems Engineer will participate in the lifecycle of projects including design, configuration, commissioning, testing and training. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a support team engaging in the following tasks for the implementation and delivery of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Advanced Traffic Management (ATMS) systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform application and system testing;
- Develop graphical user interfaces, process databases and reports;
- Create operator and system maintenance training materials;
- Assist in the design of application and system test procedures;
- Complete all paperwork associated with maintenance and repair work carried out, including record management of documentation and updating the maintenance database;
- Track, manage, and report on maintenance issues, both internally to management and externally to customers;
- Manage a system via command line interface and develop design-related documentation;
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Systems Engineering and sub-system integration whilst ensuring all standards and procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be able to identify and permanently rectify equipment faults. You will be a self-starter with a high level of initiative, take ownership of assigned tasks and be able to see through to completion by prioritization and effective time management.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics, or related field);
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the design, installation and testing of integrated controls systems;
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA software graphics and database configuration, control panel design and communications system implementation is advantageous;
- Maintain a good understanding of control systems troubleshooting with respect to interface faults and communication issues;
- Experience in using Microsoft Suite, Windows and Linux operating systems, and a general knowledge of network configuration;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and rectify them; and
- Hold a current Australian drivers’ license (preferable)
At Kapsch, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity and inclusion. As an international company, we are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and operate. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, responsibility, professionalism, dynamism while working together as a team towards achieving our goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we give our employees an opportunity to grow and develop their careers and we are big on learning.
- Opportunity to work with a Global Company – Job Stability
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Flexibility, Supportive, dynamic & driven team
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 1 Day Paid Special Leave in December
- Access to EAP and Wellness Activities
- Online Learning and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Town Hall Meetings and other company-sponsored activities
Kapsch is a values-driven organization and we work closely as a team. We are a Learning organization that invests in our employee development through various learning platforms. We work as a team where collaboration and information sharing is a way of life.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must have right to work and must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
If this sounds an opportunity that suits you, please click the link below to apply. We look forward to your interest!
This is an urgent role and assessment includes interviews, reference checks and other assessments as required.