Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Kapsch TrafficCom AG is looking for a professional Commissioning Engineer (f/m/d) to join their Roadside Software and Back Office developers. Unify and standardize the development environments and the deployment of the software solution which consists of the Roadside Software core along with its back office application. Location of work is Vienna.
- Integration and Testing of Tolling Systems in international customer projects.
- Collaborate with our development teams at various locations (Austria, Argentina, Sweden, US) and 3rd party suppliers.
- Establish and maintain test environments including hardware (prototypes, laboratory environments, network setups).
- Integrate proprietary and 3rd party products to a customer satisfying solution (SW & HW).
- Design, specify and execute manual test cases for factory and site acceptance tests (FAT & SAT).
- 3rd level support for customer projects including on-call-duty.
- Fluent in spoken and written English is a must; Knowing German is nice to have.
- You completed a technical education (informatics, engineering, electronics, etc.).
- You are able to integrate different hardware and software components in various technical environments.
- You have the know-how to set up networks and common services.
- You are not afraid of a ratchet wrench and know how to handle a screwdriver on a roadside.
- Willingness to travel on site for work on customer installations.
- If something is not working, you have the mindset to track errors in a structured manner.
- You have are able to work in diverse, international teams.
- Experience in usability tests and/or network knowledge is a plus.
- An ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) or equivalent certification is a plus.
- Having basic software development skills, experience with Jira, Confluence, Xray, GitLab and Azure is beneficial.
- Having scripting knowledge is beneficial (e.g., Linux shell, Python, SoapUI, Powershell).
Our offer to you:
- Become an expert in our agile software development team set up and contribute to a big software suite that is used on the roads worldwide. See how your work has an impact.
- An interesting and secure full-time position in a large company with different opportunities for your career.
- Social benefits and infrastructure (operating restaurants, near subway etc.) of a modern company in addition to the Austrian health and social insurance.
- 25 holidays (at full time employment), bridge days regulation, flexible working hours, meeting-free Fridays and home office.
- A market compliant gross salary according to your qualifications and your job experience (min. € 60.000 gross p.a.).
- Support with relocation
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.