Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles. Kapsch TrafficCom's end-to-end solutions cover our customers' entire value creation chain, from components and design to the installation, operation and through-life support of mission- and revenue-critical systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join our professional team in Sydney on a permanent full-time basis.
The Control Systems Engineer will participate in the lifecycle of projects including design, configuration, commissioning, testing, operational support, and training. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will work as part of a support team engaging in the following tasks for the implementation and delivery of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Advanced Traffic Management (ATMS) systems.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop graphical user interfaces, process databases and reports;
- Configure communication interfaces to field devices;
- Configure alarms and fault warnings for field devices.
- Perform application and system testing;
- Create operator and system maintenance training materials;
- Assist in the design of application and system test procedures;
- Complete all paperwork associated with maintenance and repair work carried out, including record management of documentation and updating the maintenance database;
- Track, manage and report on maintenance issues, both internally to management and externally to customers;
- Manage a system via command line interface and develop design-related documentation;
- Available for 24 hour on-call duties when required, depending on customer requirements; and
- Maintain a strong knowledge of Systems Engineering and sub-system integration whilst ensuring all standards and procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be able to identify and permanently rectify system faults. You will be a self-starter with a high level of initiative, take ownership of assigned tasks and be able to see through to completion by prioritisation and effective time management.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering (Electronics, Automation, Mechatronics, or related field);
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the design, installation and testing, and operational support of integrated controls systems;
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA software graphics and database configuration, control panel design and communications system implementation is advantageous;
- Maintain a good understanding of control systems troubleshooting with respect to interface faults and communication issues;
- Experience in using Microsoft Suite, Windows and Linux operating systems, and a general knowledge of network configuration;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and rectify them;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; and
- Hold a current Australian drivers’ license.