Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles. Kapsch TrafficCom's end-to-end solutions cover our customers' entire value creation chain, from components and design to the installation, operation and through-life support of mission- and revenue-critical systems.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Control Systems Engineer to join our professional team in Sydney.
The Control Systems Engineer will participate in the entire lifecycle of projects including design, configuration, commissioning, testing and training. As a Control Systems Engineer, you will lead the support team engaging in the following tasks for the implementation and delivery of Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Advanced Traffic Management (ATMS) systems.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Perform application and system testing;
- Develop graphical user interfaces, process databases and reports;
- Create and perform operator and system maintenance training materials;
- Assist in the design of application and system test procedures;
- Complete all paperwork associated with maintenance and repair work carried out, including record management of documentation and updating the maintenance database;
- Track, manage and report on maintenance issues, both internally to management and externally to customers;
- Manage a system via command line interface and develop design-related documentation;
- Perform SCADA/ATMS software configuration, including on site commissioning of systems; and
- Maintain a general knowledge of Electrical, Engineering and HSSEQ Standards whilst ensuring all standards and procedures are adhered to.
The ideal candidate will have a hands-on approach to problem solving and must be able to identify and permanently rectify equipment faults. You will be a self-starter with a high level of initiative; take ownership of assigned tasks and be able to see through to completion by prioritisation and effective time management.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering or Computer Science (Electronics, Electrical, Mechatronics, or related field);
- Advanced knowledge and experience in the design, installation and testing of integrated controls systems;
- Experience with HMI and/or SCADA software graphics and database configuration, control panel design and communications system implementation is advantageous;
- Maintain a good understanding of computer hardware for repair and analysis of faulty parts and be a competent IT user with experience in using Microsoft Suite, Windows and general network configuration;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and rectify them; and
- Hold a current Australian drivers’ licence (preferable).
If this sounds like the role for you please submit your application, including Cover Letter and CV, by selecting the ‘Apply Now’ button.
No agency calls please.