Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles. Kapsch TrafficCom's end-to-end solutions cover our customers' entire value creation chain, from components and design to the installation, operation and through-life support of mission- and revenue-critical systems.
Our core business is to design, build and operate electronic toll collection systems for multi-lane free-flow traffic. With our end-to-end solutions, we cover the entire value creation chain of our customers as a one-stop shop, from components and subsystems to their integration and operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an IT Infrastructure and Network Engineer to join our team in Melbourne. As part of our Engineering team you will design and implement the infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network, Desktop, OS, Security) for Kapsch ITS solutions.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to develop your skills in a highly sort after and niche market. You will have the opportunity to expand your knowledge, be challenged and learn about ITS by working side by side with our team of experts.
Why Join Us?
• Competitive Salary + Super
• Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
• Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
• Great Working Conditions – Supportive, dynamic & driven team who have your back.
Your tasks will involve:
• Design, implementation and support of IT Data Centre Infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network, Desktop, OS, Security) for Kapsch ITS solutions.
• Identification of appropriate technologies, architecture and vendors according to technical and security requirements.
• Managing and supporting the projects infrastructure, and handover to the operations team.
• Hands on undertaking problem diagnoses, correction and support for infrastructure during the implementation phase in a timely manner.
• Preparation of design-related documentation for the Datacentre architecture.
• Preparation and execution of the methodologies for the projects, from design through handover to operations.
• Support to the Sales teams during conceptualization, estimation and planning of new opportunities.
• Participation and support to the implementation, upgrades and operation of Kapsch ITS solutions.
We are looking for someone who understands the core functions of the IT Data Centres Infrastructure and Network. Preference will be given to applicants who have:
• 3 years minimum of industry experience with server computing, networking, storage, virtualisation and backup technologies with hands-on practical experience in implementation, and operations.
• Experience with Network Management systems and IT infrastructure performance monitoring and tuning.
• A solid background working with different IT vendors.
• IT network competent including protocols, routing, firewalls, VPNs, monitoring.
• Competent IT user including Linux, Windows Server, Databases, Virtualisation, storage; and
• Current full Australian Drivers Licence.
• Able to have fun, be safe and make the workplace enjoyable.
If this sounds you, we would love to hear from you by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button!