Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
- Responsible for enhancing and maintaining business applications and working on Oracle Database solutions.
- Pick up tickets from the Jira board, and work on mission-critical transaction processing systems for toll transactions.
- Ensure that transaction flow is not disrupted as the system connects the toll lanes to the database to store transaction-based information and send transactions through the workflow engine.
- Responsible for overseeing operation-related issues and change orders from clients that may be in the form of new reports, enhancing existing reports and even creating automated scripts to replace manual processes that save the client money.
- Creating Oracle, MS SQL Server or PostgreSQL database objects e.g. schemas, tables, stored procedures, packages, functions and types using SQL and PL/SQL to hold and/or manipulate incoming data in accordance to business requirements.
- Writing Linux scripting programs e.g. bash scripts, and creating server-side or database scheduled jobs to manage and/or manipulate the incoming data in accordance to business requirements.
- Applying data management concepts on a day-to-day basis to successfully manage the information asset, e.g. data access and permissions, configuration and modifications, backup and recovery, data security and monitoring and performance tuning.
- Utilize gitlab as a software versioning tool to maintain integrity and functionality across all software systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or a closely related field, plus one year of experience in SQL and Oracle PL/SQL in any related position, and must pass a rigorous technical assessment conducted by Senior Database Developers.
- In lieu of the Bachelor’s degree, the employer will accept four (4) years of experience in database development with at least one year of experience with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL.
- Additionally, the candidate must be able to pass a rigorous technical assessment conducted by senior database developers.