Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Kapsch TrafficCom seeks a Senior Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Engineer for its Rockville, Maryland office.
- Lead and support ITS business development and manage project delivery for state and federal agencies;
- Apply ITS knowledge and methodologies (i.e., strategic planning, business planning, systems engineering, technology assessments, project/program evaluations, and benefit-cost assessments) in support of delivering ITS-related projects;
- Lead preparation and review of ITS-related technical documentation, including system requirements, concepts of operations, system designs, test plans, field deployment plans, operations plans, etc.;
- Analyze the applicability and suitability of emerging ITS technologies and their implications including: connected and automated vehicles, multimodal integrated corridor management systems, tolling and road user charging systems, integrated payment systems, data management systems and intelligent traffic management systems;
- Facilitate client stakeholder meetings and conduct analysis of user needs and requirements;
- Develop task order scopes-of-work and budgets;
- Organize, coordinate, and oversee task order-related activities including scheduling, budgeting, and subcontractor activities.
- The position may require up to 10% of travel within the United States and Canada. At all times and in all locations,
- Master’s Degree in Transportation Engineering or Civil Engineering with a Concentration in Transportation Engineering, plus four (4) years of experience delivering ITS engineering services related to transportation systems management and operations and emerging technology to state and federal transportation agencies.
- Must have two years of experience with: Facilitating stakeholder engagement and assisting with coordinating, planning, and performing task orders; Preparing technical reports including planning and design documents, concept of operations, system requirements, white papers and project final reports; Analyzing the application of advanced technologies (such as connected vehicles, tolling and road user charging, decision support systems, or big data and analytics) and providing strategic direction through collaborative leadership.
- Must be eligible to obtain within the next 24 months a Professional Engineering license and/or Professional Traffic Operations Engineer Certification.
- Must have the ability to perform independent work under minimal supervision from the Solution Consulting Director. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Project.