Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles.
Our core business is to design, build and operate electronic toll collection systems for multi-lane free-flow traffic. With our end-to-end solutions, we cover the entire value creation chain of our customers as a one-stop shop, from components and subsystems to their integration and operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician to join our team in Auburn. The Sydney team is very close-knit and enjoy working together and celebrating business wins!
You, as part of a team, will provide technical support in preventive and corrective maintenance as well as maintaining and repairs of tolling equipment. In addition you will perform system check and conduct system and performance analyses.
This is a great opportunity if you are looking to develop your skills in a highly sort after and niche market. This role will require travel to and from different offices in the Sydney CBD and surrounding suburbs.
Available for 24 hour on-call duties for up to 2 weeks on a shared roster - Potential to earn up to an additional 15% on your base salary with on call and overtime rates available.
Why Join Us?
- We’ll Show You the Money - Competitive Salary + Super + Overtime Opportunities + Company Vehicle (during on call) + Phone + Uniform!
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Supportive, dynamic & driven team who have your back
Your tasks will involve:
- Onsite inspection of tolling equipment including periodic maintenance and servicing of tolling equipment.
- Corrective maintenance in resolving faults and returning the system to optimal performance.
- Maintaining Spares and keeping the inventory list up to date.
- Repairing and troubleshooting equipment that has become faulty.
- Meet & exceed Service Level Agreements (SLA's);
- Documentation and maintenance of product manuals plus records of associated malfunctions; and
- Ensure all relevant standards are adhered to in relation to Quality, Engineering, OH & S and Electrical.
You will be expected to utilise your knowledge and fault finding skills in the maintenance of electronic tolling equipment. Full training will be provided on the specialised equipment and maintenance tasks which will be assigned to you once you are familiar with the supported systems.
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Relevant trade qualifications or experience in the field (electrician, restricted electrical licence, mechatronics, electrical engineer etc.).
- Good understanding of computer hardware for repair and analysis of faulty parts.
- Superior fault finding skills.
- Ability to learn to manage a system via command line interface.
- Competent IT user, Microsoft suite, Windows & general network configuration.
- General knowledge of Electrical and WHS Standards.
- A self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision and an excellent safety record.
- Able to work at heights.
- A current Australian drivers licence is mandatory; and
- Able to have fun, be safe and make the workplace enjoyable.
If this sounds you, we would love to hear from you by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button!