Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
We are looking for an Area Sales Manager for a temporary replacement of one of our employees.
Reporting to the Head of Sales located in Vienna, you are responsible for growing the business within your assigned markets (France and Belgium). Your priority number one is to increase the order intake in the countries of reference and to further build the pipeline.
- Manage and grow the business within the assigned markets, acquiring new customers and maintaining existing customers.
- Conduct market plan to determine how to best position our solutions in the countries of reference
- Create and periodically refine business development and market growth strategies and execution plans to achieve the company’s growth goals in the targeted market (at least once a year).
- Implement sales methodologies, forecast revenues, plan and monitor presales budgets.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential customers and maintain key customer relationship for existing ones
- Build credible and lasting relationships with prospects and customers for repeat business.
- Develop and manage a healthy pipeline of prospects and forecast business deals to be closed.
- Prospect, qualify, propose, negotiate, and close business deals. Frame and elaborate contracts and ensure commercial success of projects.
- Develop business cases and ensure that technical solutions fit customer’s needs while ensuring technical and commercial feasibility, building widely on the company’s standard solution portfolio.
- Identify tenders and lead the participation in tender procedures.
- Hand over projects in a structured manner to project delivery units for implementation.
- Maintain contact and opportunity information completely, accurately and in a timely manner.
- Attend and represent at various business and industry meetings and trade shows.
- Network within the industry to gain market knowledge and gain insight to new market trends and opportunities.
- Initiate the various sales processes in due time (go/no go for an opportunity, bid/no bid and bid approval for a tender, project approval for a non-solicited offer).
- Work with Finance, Legal and bid management on the assessment of projects.
- Work with Marketing Communications to develop internal and external communication.
- Degree in Engineering or Business Management.
- 10 years’ experience running a full sales cycle and successfully closing business in infrastructure field within and with a strong background in public sector.
- Strong business development skills with large network, demonstrable ability to sell organization's products and services and focus on order intake.
- French native and high-level of proficiency in English language, written and spoken (negotiation level).
- Attractive salary package (fixed salary + variable pay)
- Posibility to work remotely