Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Kapsch TrafficCom currently has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and professional individual to assume the role of as a Traffic Management Center Operator at the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority Traffic Management Center located in Cedar Park, Texas.
The work involves operating a variety of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices and information systems to monitor, evaluate, and direct traffic operations along with monitoring specific toll roads in Austin. The shift that we are hiring for will be 11:00am-7:30pm. Monday thru Friday. 40 hours a week. Must be open to shift changes if needed to ensure coverage. Starting pay is $19.00 per hour with eligibility to participate in Kapsch’s comprehensive benefit package.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Candidate must have prior work experience in a professional setting
• In-depth experience with computers and the ability to work on a multi-monitor computer workstation with different software and processes is a must
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced situations
• Typing and/or data entry experience. Able to quickly and accurately enter and manager real-time data entry
• Knowledge of Austin/Cedar Park geography with a focus on the layout of CTRMA toll roads is a plus
• Ability to work alone and without on-site supervision
• Experience working in a call center environment a plus
Our top Candidates will have:
• 2 year college degree
• Previous dispatching experience
• Previous traffic monitoring experience
• Monitor Dynamic Pricing for toll roads
• Monitor traffic flow
• Identify incidents
• Initiate and coordinate response
• Dispatch Emergency Response Operators
• Coordinate with other organizations such as TXDOT and local police
• Operate CCTV Cameras, DMS (Dynamic Message Sign), and other related systems
• Document clearance items
• Disseminate incident information
• Document all incidents into the ATMS (Advanced Traffic Management System) software and any other related and required data sharing or archival systems
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace. Kapsch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to email@example.com to advise of the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org