Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
The Field Service Technician will perform preventative maintenance, utility location along 80 miles of fiber optic cabling, and maintain ITS devices such as radar detectors, overhead messaging boards, cameras, AM radio transmitters, over height detectors, wireless antennas, data network systems, and video walls on the Memphis SmartWay System in and around Memphis, TN.
The Field Service Technician will work with other team members on preventative maintenance, utility locating, and repairs of ITS devices and systems and related systems.
- Must respond to utility locate request on a timely basis.
- Must be able to locate fiber and power lines with utility locate equipment.
- Read ITS (Intelligent Transportation System) plans.
- Maintain, Install, upgrade, modify or replace equipment as directed or required.
- Will perform reactive maintenance and repair as need.
- Receive and check in inventory.
- Responds to and corrects trouble ticket reports.
- Keep accurate records of daily actives.
- Assists in purchasing equipment, services, supplies and parts when needed upon management approval.
- Monitors installations, including providing direction to contracted vendors.
- Performs diagnosis of equipment problems with all devices on the project.
- Monitors and performs diagnosis of problems involving vehicle detection equipment, wireless bridge antennas, video cameras, layer 2 and 3 switches, Microsoft server and client workstations Highway advisory AM transmitters and DMS.
- Monitors repairs for timely completion and submits approval documents to appropriate purchasing personnel/management for payment.
- Monitors automatic trouble reporting system to ensure timely problem resolution in accordance with guidelines per contract.
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Qualified candidates will possess at least an Associate’s Degree in Electronics, Computer Science, or related field and 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Candidates should have the ability to read schematics and follow specifications to maintain or install and implement system components.
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to test Memphis SmartWay ITS devices and systems through physical inspection and the utilization of electronic testing and measurement equipment in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations and procedures.
- Candidates should be aware that this role involves work that is outdoors and along the freeway. This role will also involve working on equipment located above the freeway.
Our top Candidates will have:
- Experience performing routine preventative maintenance on cameras, dynamic messaging boards, radar detection systems, video detection systems, over height detection systems, demarcation, video wall, and network hub buildings.
Candidates should be aware that currently having a CDL or the ability to obtain a CDL once hired will be required.
This position involves one week a month of being on call.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.