Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
Kapsch is seeking a Senior Solution Architect (ATMS) to fill the Functional Manager role on a large ATMS project.
The principal role of the Senior Solution Architect (ATMS) is to manage a team of Advanced Traffic Management Systems experts in carrying out the design, development, integration, testing and commissioning activities for mission critical projects that improve safety and efficiency for the traveling public.
Our projects include the delivery of a high profile project to two countries that have a long history as world leaders in traffic management. We are providing a system that moves towards a new generation of traffic management systems integrating a wide range of functions, disparate systems and existing roadside devices. The open, scalable and modular architecture of our DYNAC® product allows the addition of new applications, resulting in a single system which has the capability to incorporate future solutions that have not yet been implemented.
The Senior Solution Architect is the primary functional contact for the customer and coordinates closely with the Project Manager to develop and execute the overall project plan and coordinates closely with the Lead Systems Engineer and Lead Software Engineer to ensure that the functional needs and requirements are covered by the technical implementation. Experience with ITS (Intelligent Transportation) or ATMS (Advanced Traffic Management) systems is required.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Serving as the interface to client counterparts. This includes close coordination and the collaborative management of inter-party dependencies as well as task prioritization and management communications.
- Supporting the project managers, engineers, and software developers in the creation and execution of project work plans
- Identifying resources required and managing the day-to-day activities of the functional project team, including the leadership and planning of the SCRUM process utilized by the functional team.
- Participating in the preparation of detailed cost estimates and technical proposals.
- Identifying areas of potential operational improvement within the organization and proposing plans to improve operations.
- Recognizing potential technical risks to the project, informing project leadership of said risks and implementing effective solutions to mitigate these risks.
- Challenging and mentoring key members of the project team to develop as project leaders.
- Managing the requirements and moving them through the requirements management workflow to ensure contractual obligations are met.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of five years of experience in leading engineering teams in a project delivery organization across both systems and software delivery.
- Experience in the delivery of Intelligent Transportation Systems, or Advanced Traffic Management Systems is highly desirable.
- Relevant ITS/ATMS experience should include traffic detection and monitoring, CCTV, incident detection, incident response, decision support, traffic data processing and reporting.
- Applicants should be available for 20% travel based on project requirements, including international travel, as such a passport is required.
- Applicants must be able to speak English. For the immediate project needs, being able to speak Dutch would be an added benefit.
- Open-ended contract
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible remuneration plan
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- 30 working days of vacations