Senior Application Operations Engineer (SAOE)
- Provides Application/System end-to-end support experience for the customer for proprietary applications, as well as COTS components.
- Troubleshoots and identifies resolution for complex issues within defined SLAs using available workarounds or permanent fixes.
- Initiates and drives problem management activities.
- Deployment of software releases to production and pre-production environments.
- Creates and maintains system and service documentation, including knowledge sharing.
- Generates application performance reports using availability and performance management toolset.
- Fosters interaction and collaboration with customers, internal teams (i.e. L1, L3), development and 3rd parties, including steering of subcontractors
- Contributes to project specific task with/without technical lead function.
- Continuous system improvement, both quality and efficiency wise in the areas of application monitoring, overall system architecture, backup and roll-back plans, performance tuning and testing.
- Higher education with IT background (University degree is an asset).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the area of application management in complex environments (ideally in the area of intelligent mobility solutions).
- Experienced with state-of the art system environments of common vendors, including infrastructure services, virtualization, PaaS / SaaS and the related monitoring and orchestration platforms.
- Knowledgeable in the transition of legacy environments into PaaS / SaaS oriented architectures.
- Experienced with Intelligent mobility and traffic management systems (preferred)
- ITIL v3/v4 or similar IT certification is required.
- Creative Team player with good communication skills, analytical thinking and outcome focused personality.
- Business fluent in English (both written and oral).
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Health and life insurance
- Challenging the limits of mobility for a healthy world without congestion
- A diverse and dynamic international working environment of Kapsch TrafficCom and opportunities for personal growth
- A hands-on onboarding with an experienced team to get familiar with the business and domain-related processes
- Possibility to work in an international company that operates in a dynamic industry where the working environment favors the professional growth.