Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
Kapsch has brought projects to fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. With one-stop solutions, the company covers the entire value chain of customers, from components to design and implementation to the operation of systems.
As part of the Kapsch Group and headquartered in Vienna, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 25 countries. It has been listed in the Prime Market segment of the Vienna Stock Exchange since 2007 (ticker symbol: KTCG). In its 2020/21 financial year, around 4,660 employees generated revenues of about EUR 500 million.
Kapsch TrafficCom currently has an outstanding opportunity for a passionate and professional individual to assume the role of as a Traffic Management Center Operator at the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority Traffic Management Center located in Cedar Park, Texas.
The work involves operating a variety of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices and information systems to monitor, evaluate, and direct traffic operations along with monitoring specific toll roads in Austin. The shift that we are hiring for will be 11:00am-7:30pm. Monday thru Friday. 40 hours a week. Must be open to shift changes if needed to ensure coverage. Starting pay is $19.00 per hour with eligibility to participate in Kapsch’s comprehensive benefit package.
• High school diploma or GED required
• Candidate must have prior work experience in a professional setting.
• In-depth experience with computers and the ability to work on a multi-monitor computer workstation with different software and processes is a must.
• Ability to multi-task in fast paced situations.
• Typing and/or data entry experience. Able to quickly and accurately enter and manager real-time data entry.
• Knowledge of Austin/Cedar Park geography with a focus on the layout of CTRMA toll roads is a plus.
• Ability to work alone and without on-site supervision.
• Experience working in a call center environment a plus
Our top Candidates will have:
• 2 year college degree
• Previous dispatching experience
• Previous traffic monitoring experience
• Monitor Dynamic Pricing for toll roads
• Monitor traffic flow
• Identify incidents
• Initiate and coordinate response
• Dispatch Emergency Response Operators
• Coordinate with other organizations such as TXDOT and local police
• Operate CCTV Cameras, DMS (Dynamic Message Sign), and other related systems
• Document clearance items
• Disseminate incident information
• Document all incidents into the ATMS (Advanced Traffic Management System) software and any other related and required data sharing or archival systems
· Other task as needed by manager/supervisor
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace