Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
The TMC Operator provides proactive monitoring of CCTV and other information sources to help optimize the flow of transportation with the metro NYC region. This role will perform administrative and specialized support tasks and work within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision; identify problems and all relevant issues in straightforward situations and assesses each using standard procedures to make sound decisions. The ideal candidate is a service oriented professional with experience in the transportation industry, that is passionate about preforming to the best of their ability, and helping their team work efficiently and cohesively.
This is a full-time TMC Operator position at the JTMC located at 28-11 Queens Plaza North, Long Island City, NY 11101. The shift is still to be determined. We are a 24/7 traffic management center needing to fill a variety of time slots. Assigned hours will including holidays and weekends. This compensation for this non-exempt position will be $23.93 per hour.
- Operate various computer-based traffic & freeway management systems
- Monitor roadways via CCTV surveillance cameras and detection systems
- Utilize ITS equipment for incident management and the improvement of travel time, safety, and quality of life of our motorists
- Enter incident information into computer using Traffic Information System (TIS) software
- Entering incident information in traffic system log books
- Perform routine checklist of all ITS and control room equipment
- Manage incidents on roadways and improve traffic conditions
- Enforce all JTMC protocols and SOP’s
- Alert all staff to new and existing JTMC memos
- Use standard operating procedures to detect, dispatch, monitor, and document roadway incidents to include notifications
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and development opportunities
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Excellent benefits including a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Associates Degree
- 1+ years’ experience in a transportation management position a plus
- Proficient in navigating and operating Windows PCs including the use of a multi-monitor-computer workstation
- Ability to type 40 to 45 WPM to quickly enter and manage real-time data entry
- Proven ability to works within established procedures with a moderate degree of supervision
- Demonstrated ability to maintain regular attendance and punctuality
- Ability to multi-task in fast pace situations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pass a stringent background and past employer reference checks