Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position is responsible for the timely and accurate reconciliation of data between our customer service system, 3rd party payment processing vendors, the bank and our client – Riverside County Transportation Commission.
The primary role will be running daily system reports and reconciling the data, highlighting any variances, and then taking action to resolve them. The areas of reconciliation will include payment processing, banking, A/R and A/P with other California toll agencies, customer refunds, transponder inventory and the general ledger.
Will produce and maintain reconciliations for key general ledger accounts and need a good understanding of how the financial transactions’ debits and credits are mapped. Responsible for producing month end reconciliations of these general ledger accounts, noting any discrepancies and then resolving them.
The Finance Specialist will work with all levels of employees, internal and external customers and our client. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. The successful candidate will be trained on our customer service software, business rules and operational practices, along with cross training on all of the Finance roles, and any other duties as assigned.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Casual work environment
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
- Finance or Accounting degree, or 3+ years experience working in a similar position
- General ledger knowledge and strong reconciliation skills a must
- Intermediate or above Excel skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and work in a fast paced, high demand work environment
- Strong attention to detail that produces accurate and high-quality work
- Possess troubleshooting, problem solving and creative/innovative thought processing skills