Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
In this role, the Systems Engineer will participate in the entire lifecycle of projects including design, configuration, commissioning, testing, and training. This position will provide experience in: staging and configuring control systems for SCADA and ATMS applications; creating application and system test procedures; developing GUI (Graphical User Interfaces), process databases and reports; performing application and system testing; and performing operator and system training.
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering discipline (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Mechatronics), Computer Science, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience deploying virtual servers/hosts and VMware ESXi
- Experience with networking
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) technology
- Serial communications protocols and networks (Modbus, NTCIP, SNMP, etc.)
- Computer hardware and operating system platforms (Windows, Linux, etc.)
- TCP/IP, LAN and WAN technologies
- Reading and interpreting electrical and civil schematic drawings
- Proficiency working with a Windows PC in a network environment
- HMI or SCADA software graphics configuration and database development
Our top Candidates will have:
- Exposure to Traffic/Transportation systems is a plus
- Experience with Perl or Bash scripting
- Experience with the Kapsch’s ATMS platform (DYNAC)
- Demonstrate exposure through course work or practical experience (including internships or co-op) to project-oriented control system integration with experience in the following concepts as an added benefit
- Travel in this role is estimated to be approximately 10- 20%.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)