Our core business is to design, build and operate electronic toll collection systems for multi-lane free-flow traffic. With our end-to-end solutions, we cover the entire value creation chain of our customers as a one-stop shop, from components and subsystems to their integration and operation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Solution Consultant to join our professional team in Singapore on a permanent full-time basis.
The Solution Consultant will be responsible for developing ITS solutions to meet our customers' needs and provide technical pre-sales, marketing and contribute to strategic insights throughout the sales lifecycle and process. This is a senior position with focus to solving customer technical requests through a consultative in-depth pre-sales approach often with complex customer needs and large projects. This role will be based to primarily provide high technical competence in the South East Asia (SEA) region from Singapore, however will have an APAC region remit. They will specialize across all our Application Centers as a broad technical resource.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities
As appropriate, the role will be responsible for the following indicative and non-exhaustive activities.
- Deep understanding of the customer’s business requirements by translating them into solutions that fit the customer’s needs from a technical and commercial perspective through a collaborative discussion direct with the customer and the opportunity owner from the external sales team;
- Provide strong and in-depth technical pre-sales leadership to the sales team. This includes qualification of an opportunity (SG0>1) and technical inputs of solution scope, design and architecture during the technical deal gate (SG2) and inputs into the deal win strategy (SG3) in collaboration with the Solution Centre.
- Conduct pre-sales support activities (e.g. demos) and innovation & technology workshops with customers;
- Ensure technical and commercial adequacy of solutions, building widely on the company’s standard solution portfolio;
- Conduct promotional webinars and produce local technical content to external customers;
- Produce local training content through the Kapsch APAC ‘K.I.C.K’ training programme;
- Project manage internal solution development projects (SDPs) and external Proofs Of Concepts (PoCs)
- Drive definition of customer specific solution in collaboration with other global functions (e.g. Solution Management, Engineering, Delivery, Operations);
- Help develop local strategies to define and shape markets with regard to Kapsch's overall strategy and product/solution portfolio;
- Liaise with global Solution Centres in the USA and Europe to manage the region to SC internal communication;
- Provide inputs into the baseline portfolio with market requirements, pricing policies and regional competitor information and perform regional market surveys and identify market trends in conjunction with the external sales team;
- Safeguard a comprehensive set of documentation, education and marketing material.
- Bachelor’s degree (control systems engineering discipline) or similar;
- 3+ years minimum of experience in pre-sales and technical positions;
- Good knowledge of the Asia ITS market preferred;
- Experience in different DB technologies (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS SQL Server) and DB architecture;
- Experience in the ITS sector or similar, working with traffic management technologies preferable;
- Experience in electronic systems such as; SCADA, vehicle sensing, traffic signaling, dynamic messaging, over height detection useful;
- Strong conceptual thinking and design capabilities;
- Business fluent in English; every further language skill is a highly welcome asset;
- Readiness for domestic and international business trips.
At Kapsch, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity and inclusion. As an international company, we are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and operate. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, responsibility, professionalism, dynamism while working together as a team towards achieving our goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we give our employees an opportunity to grow and develop their careers and we are big on learning.
- Opportunity to work with a Global Company – Job Stability
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Flexibility, Supportive, dynamic & driven team
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 1 Day Paid Special Leave in December
- Access to EAP and Wellness Activities
- Online Learning and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Town Hall Meetings and other company-sponsored activities