Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.The Hardware Engineering department of AMS currently has an immediate vacancy for a mechanical designer. This will be responsible for carrying out mechanical design tasks of the Engineering department, including design, research, prototyping and validation, engineering documentation, estimation and process improvement. The selected candidate will report directly to the Head of the Hardware Engineering department and will collaborate with the Design, Purchasing and Project Management teams.
Skills of the Design Engineer
- Degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Proficient in the use of office automation tools.
- 5+ years of intensive mechanical design experience with Solid Edge 3D design tool.
- Experience in the design of mechanical enclosures and components.
- Knowledge of mechanical manufacturing processes
- Ability to effectively plan, schedule, coordinate and troubleshoot his role.
- Willing to make changes to improve results.
- B2 (Intermediate) level of spoken and written English.
Responsibilities of the Design Engineer
- Carry out the design of enclosures and mechanical components based on initial requirements.
- Prepare engineering documentation and organize and maintain existing engineering records.
- Work within a Project team with economic and deadline objectives.
- Investigate new materials and development methods
- Build prototypes and confirm designs with the design/purchasing team performing testing as required.
- Ensure components and assemblies adhere to applicable industry and business standards.
- Follow up industrialization of designed equipment.