Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
- You will become part of an international team that implements a sub system of a huge roadside solution that depends on other sub systems and on which other systems depend.
- Therefore you need to implement functionality in the given design within the defined architecture and work actively with your colleagues.
- Improve the architecture and design in collaboration with your colleagues.
- Follow the given software development guidelines in your team and help to improve them.
- Quality assurance of the software (Unit testing, white box testing, etc.).
- Document your code (writing meaningful comments so your colleagues can work with you together).
- Help us in the transition from C++ to C#.
- Fluent in English (orally and written) and is mandatory. Knowing German is nice-to-have.
- You are a team player: You agree with your colleagues on development guidelines and you follow them yourself. You implement in a way that integrates into the whole team’s goal.
- An open mind for new technologies and changes/transitions.
- At least five years of professional experience of Software Development in C++ and C#, with a strong focus on Object-Oriented Programming and Software Design Patterns.
- Experience with Boost, SQL (Oracle, SQLite), CMAKE, cross-platform development Linux and Windows.
- Experience with Jira/Confluence, GitLab CI, Continuous Integration and Docker is nice-to-have as we use it in our daily work.
- Experience in electronic toll collection or telematics is nice-to-have.
Our offer to you
- Contribute to a big software suite that is used on the roads worldwide. See how your work has an impact.
- An interesting and secure full-time position in a large company with different opportunities for your career.
- Become part of an international team practicing Agile methodology (Scrum and Scaled Agile) with exciting challenges and room for new ideas.
- Social benefits and infrastructure (operating restaurants, near subway etc.) of a modern company
- Bridge days regulation, flexible working hours, meeting-free Fridays and home office.
- A market compliant gross salary according to your qualifications and your job experience (minimum salary: € 4.000 p.m.)
- Start date: as soon as possible
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.