Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
The Solution Sales Consultant adds value by defining the business solution and lifting the capabilities of our Kapsch portfolio of products, solutions and services to support business development and increase revenue generation, based on your strong domain expertise (with focus on either tolling or traffic domain areas).
In this role, you will be part of the Sales organization working closely with Sales Managers, Business Development/Partnerships teams throughout the presales process until contract award. You will be joining a small but highly skilled team that helps both our customers and partners to achieve their goals. You will be working closely with Sales Managers to aid in building a pipeline of potential customers, expand our partnerships with new additional partners and increase our win rate.
- Serve as regional domain expert and go-to person for industry knowledge and Tolling or Traffic domain assigned portfolio solutions questions in the region.
- Trusted advisor and key contributor to our vision and sales strategy to develop new business opportunities in area of expertise.
- Partner with Sales Managers who build and maintain meaningful relationships with our customers, to drive new business and help our clients in achieving their goals and overcoming their challenges using Kapsch portfolio products, solutions and services.
- Qualify opportunities, drive and support pre-sales activities and demos.
- Create compelling presentations and proposals that demonstrate our value proposition against the customer’s required capabilities.
- Understand our customers’ business requirements and turn them into profitable solutions by driving the definition of customer specific business solution ensuring its technical and commercial adequacy
- Key contributor to the definition of the bid winning strategy and solution, ensuring those goals are met, especially during handover from pre-sales to bid phase and throughout bid phase.
- Contribute to regional market intelligence by identifying industry and technology trends, competitors analysis and potential customer groups and feedback to Portfolio Product Management and Sales Management.
- Provide internal and external thought leadership by speaking and participating in industry events and conferences.
- Product innovator building a product feedback loop, with Product Managers, from frequent customer interactions, contributing with input into future product and service offerings for the Europe, Middle East and North African market.
You have a background in ITS industry. You are a people person who can get other’s buy in. You’re curious, cooperative, solution and service oriented and persuasive with your arguments.
- M.Sc or B.Sc in technology.
- 3+ years of experience in a customer facing role such as Technical Sales, Solution Consulting or Sales Engineering and in technical pre-sales of complex systems/solutions within the ITS industry.
- 5-10 years’ experience preferably from a technical position and then moved in to sales or customer success projects.
- Strong experience in consulting skills (e.g. strategic, technological) and balance between a service driven and sales mindset.
- Demonstrate a very high degree of technical understanding, analytical and strategic thinking, and collaborative leadership.
- Strong understanding of current and emerging intelligent transportation systems including traffic and mobility management systems, connected and automated vehicles and demand management, both technically and commercially.
- Goal oriented candidate with real passion for technology, solutions and our business with high desire, commitment and motivation.
- Analytical nature and ability of conceptual thinking and solving complex business issues within the context of the solution expertise.
- Storyteller and Visualizer - able to communicate in a simple and compelling way.
- Ability to work multiple opportunities and engage with many customers concurrently.
- Strong negotiation and influencing skills and ability to work with different teams within the organization.
- Network of industry contacts and participation in industry associations.
- Strong interpersonal skills with passion to drive collaboration and deliver high-quality across an international team.
- Exceptional written, verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience in adapting and presenting to a wide audience, from executives, senior decision makers to technical departments.
- Available and enjoy travelling and meeting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent business process and/or project experience using tools such as Visio, MS Project, MS Word, MS Excel, etc.
- Excellent oral and written English and German, additional languages a plus (e.g. Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Croatian, Scandinavian).
Why should you work for Kapsch TrafficCom
- ITS is one the most dynamic and fast-growing industries which is undergoing a major transformation driven by autonomous and connected vehicles.
- Kapsch is among the thought leaders of that transformation. We are building on a sound present business – Kapsch is the global market leader in large-scale tolling systems and traffic management – and are in parallel strongly investing into the future green and sustainable technologies.
- If you join us now you will be part of this exciting endeavor.
- We are an international company with European roots.
- We have a unique corporate culture, driven by family tradition since 1892.
- We strive to create a work environment conducive to personal growth, satisfaction and achievement.
- We work in line with our corporate values: respect, responsibility, performance, dynamic, freedom, transparency, discipline, family.
- Social benefits of a modern company, e.g. Homeoffice, mobile devices, flexible working hours (at the headquarters in Vienna: operating restaurants, meal discount, near subway etc.)
- A gross salary with € 90.000 p.a. All In for applicants with a relevant work experience, willingness to offer a higher salary depending on your professional experience and qualification
- Location is flexible - preferred Vienna or Germany
- Start date: as soon as possible, full-time position
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.
Your contact: Daniela Giovannozzi, Head of Recruiting Austria - Tel.Nr. ++43 (0)50811 1905