Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
The Customer Service Representative will communicate with customers via telephone, web chat, and e-mail to manage, coordinate and resolve service inquiries, payments, account updates, and other customer issues.
Under the direction of the Customer Service Supervisor/Team Lead, the Customer Service Representative will follow established company guidelines on servicing customers with account setup, maintenance and will provide customer service for individuals who have received violation notices.
The Customer Service Representative will maintain pertinent logs, records, and files to document customer interactions, to ensure that all necessary information is accurately entered and provided to customers in alignment with established business rules, and procedures.
This is an onsite, office-based position, and remote worker options are not available. The call center operating hours are 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday to Friday (8-hour shift) with a rotating Saturday shift from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Pay Rate: $15.75/hour
* All new hires will participate in a 3-week training upon hire. Formal call center experience is not required.
- Serves as the first point of public contact for all customer service issues.
- Respond to calls from the public and provide general information and service regarding the program.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and understanding of the customer service center and program operations to assist customers and resolve problems.
- Process credit card and e-check payments for replenishment or violation payments
- Open cases for unsolved customer inquiries.
- Handle customer complaints, researches and adjusts account discrepancies as requested by Customer Service Supervisor.
- Process and reply e-mails from customers.
- Process customer disputes.
- Conduct Web chat to answer questions and provide assistance to customers.
- Process the closing of customer accounts and issue refunds when necessary.
- Perform updates to toll violations, violation payments, customer payments or accounts to keep demographic, vehicle and credit card information current.
- Accurately documents all updates on BOS.
- Maintains a consistent, high quality, customer-focused orientation when conducting business and providing services or products to clients, the general public and other external customers.
- Exhibits professional image in a team environment with the ability to interact well and in positive manner, with all team members.
- Performs other necessary duties as assigned by the program management.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity to solve complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and development
- Casual work environment
- Full benefits package including paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1-3 years’ experience in a customer service call center or retail customer service environment.
- Must be FULLY bilingual English-Spanish (read/ write/ speak) and able to communicate in a professional business environment.
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and professional phone demeanor
- Beginner to intermediate level experience with MS Office – Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to learn internal, proprietary systems.
- Must be self-motivated, dependable, detail-oriented and enjoy working in a team-oriented environment.
- Analytical, with a sense of urgency and the capability to take individual initiative in role when.
- Must be able to work an 8-hour shift from 8:00 am – 6:00 pm Monday to Friday with rotating Saturday shifts from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace. Kapsch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to email@example.com to advise of the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates Requiring Sponsorship: Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT, etc.).
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org