Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
The Senior Tax Accountant will interface with the external tax consultants on international issues and business initiatives. This position interfaces with the North American accounting team, the accounting team in Vienna, Austria (Global Headquarters) and other internal Business Leaders, as necessary.
You will be responsible for filing federal, state, local, and provincial taxes for the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Prepare and File US Income Tax and State Tax returns
- Prepare federal, state and sales and use returns for the U.S.
- Work with consultants to prepare returns for Canada and Puerto Rico
- Development and analysis of book and tax differences
- Prepare KTC US Tax Provision
- Preparing property tax returns
- Identifying and maintaining a tax reporting system
- Lead initiative to take advantage of any government subsidy or assistance programs
- Communicate the tax impacts of bids/proposals and subcontractors
- Present information to managers and propose actions
- Responsible for some general accounting areas and assisting with the month-end closing process
- Supporting the Accounting Department with general accounting tasks.
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including uncapped paid time off, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 7+ years of Tax experience.
- CPA license or be eligible to sit for the CPA exam
- Experience in project delivery, manufacturing and IT industries and the related impacts of R&D.
- Advanced level understanding of tax laws, IFRS and GAAP.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace.
Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT)
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion