Kapsch BusinessCom supports the tourism industry in providing their guests with everything they need for a pleasant stay. What’s more, Kapsch’s solutions make it easier for tourism professionals to optimize their administrative work and facilitate analog tasks by digital means.
Digitalization in tourism
Kapsch BusinessCom’s innovative solutions support digitalization projects in the tourism industry. Find out more!
Holidays are all about great experiences and indulgence. Kapsch BusinessCom supports the tourism industry with innovative solutions that delight their guests.
- Alpine Solutions portfolio for alpine infrastructures, municipalities, cable car and lift operators and the hotel industry. Our solutions include: Gondola WiFi and mountain-proof Digital Signage solutions, smart guest guidance systems, LED walls and overhead information terminals.
- Our telephony solutions include interactive communication and information media for hotel guests. From weather forecasts to event tips and control of blinds, lights and heating.
- The Hotel Digital Signage solutions by Kapsch BusinessCom add a new digital touch to the hotel industry with efficient, flexible guidance and room information systems. The benefits: qualified guest information, less work for hotel staff, and image improvement through innovative technologies and modern design.
- Multimedia solutions for hotels such as PayTV, video-on-demand and hotel service information via TV provide multimedia entertainment. In addition to internet in all rooms, this is an important step towards digital transformation and tourism 4.0.
- Our digital solutions for security optimization include state-of-the-art video surveillance that is integrated into the existing IT infrastructure. In addition, keycard systems and baby monitor functionalities on in-room telephones and guest smartphones increase a hotel’s security features.
Seven benefits of our tourism solutions:
- They make guests feel at home and inspire them to stay longer and keep coming back.
- They help to improve locations and turn them into attractive holiday destinations.
- They give businesses a competitive edge.
- They make contemporary digital information and communication options accessible.
- They make internet available anywhere, anytime.
- They ensure long-term viability and security of investment.
- Kapsch BusinessCom offers clients individual financing options.
Pleasant work conditions in tourism
Meraki – Cloud Managed Network
Are you looking for a scalable network solution with high data security? Then look no further than Meraki! The centralized cloud management platform allows you to harmonize the entire network infrastructure with only one tool. Two-factor login authentication, data centers in Europe, and GDPR compliant protection of personal data ensure maximum reliability and security.
MounTrack by Kapsch
It’s fun to explore the mountains with mountain carts. It’s less fun for cable car operators to deal with the great amount of administrative work they involve. MounTrack puts an end to time-consuming analog processes. Modern tracking devices and digital applications facilitate the pick-up, return and maintenance procedures. What’s more, drivers benefit from improved safety and faster rental procedures.
MounTrack in check
Interested in references from the tourism industry?
Switzerland uses smart gondola systems by Kapsch BusinessCom
Secure boarding and alighting, pioneering security systems, special rails for cabin stabilization, and sensor systems for hazard recognition. While many cable car operators still require a significant number of staff to complete certain tasks, many cable cars in Switzerland run virtually without personnel. Among them are the two monocable ropeways in Grindelwald and at Aletsch Arena as well as the Kumme gondola lift in Zermatt.
How is that possible? With “Smart Gondola” by Kapsch! The information and sensor system in every gondola sends relevant data to the control center. The benefits: Systems such as seat heating can be optimized, and rescue operations can be accelerated in case of emergency – all at an excellent cost-performance ratio and low energy consumption.
"The success of IGS is particularly evident in the area of sustainability. Due to the extremely low energy consumption of our sensor system, the railway operator does not need an expensive and high-maintenance busbar infrastructure in the stations, for example."Kamran Kiafar, Head of Mountain Railways & Urban Cable Cars
Smart maintenance for Dorfbahn Serfaus underground
The operators of Dorfbahn Serfaus underground were among the first to use smartglasses and relevant technical knowledge databases for their maintenance and repair works. This allows for remote maintenance and helps operators to cut down on expensive on-site repairs.
Check out our Success Story to find out more about the use of our digital assistance system!