Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security, and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike.
Kapsch TrafficCom is an internationally renowned provider of intelligent transportation systems thanks to the many projects it has brought to successful fruition in more than 50 countries around the globe. As part of the Kapsch Group, Kapsch TrafficCom has subsidiaries and branches in more than 30 countries.
The Field Technician will help maintain, install and administer Toll and ITS (Intelligent Transportation Systems) components in support of assigned project(s) within the region. In this role, you will be expected to read system schematics, follow specifications to install, troubleshoot and implement system components; perform, monitor and inspect installations; perform extensive troubleshooting, repair and replacement of equipment and provide additional support to project personnel.
This position will be performed outdoors, in tunnels and near freeways / highways, with frequent utilization of scissor lifts, boom lifts, and bucket trucks. In this role, you will work with other team members on utility locating primarily, and train on the job in preventative maintenance and repairs of ITS devices and related systems. The training will consist of performing routine preventative maintenance on cameras, dynamic messaging boards, radar detection systems, video detection systems, over height detection systems, demarcation, video wall, and network hub buildings. All tools and PPE will be provided.
This role supports a 24/7/365 operation and requires the willingness and flexibility to support on-call, night and weekend hours based on business requirements.
- Work independently or with team on installations, modifications, and repairs of tolling equipment and related ITS systems at various sites in the region
- Read Toll System schematics and drawings, equipment manuals and design plans
- Install, upgrade, modify, replace and maintain equipment as directed or required
- Perform a continuous preventative maintenance program according to schedule
- Conduct reactive maintenance and repair as needed
- Receive and check inventory
- Monitor automatic trouble reporting system to ensure timely problem resolution in accordance with guidelines
- Monitor repairs for timely completion and ensure completion of supporting documentation
- Respond to and correct trouble ticket reports
- Test toll collection and ITS systems through physical inspection and electronic test and measurement equipment procedures
- Monitor, maintain and perform diagnosis of equipment problems with lane control servers, digital message signs, sensors, cameras, automatic vehicle ID readers, antennas, RF sources, switches, multiplexers, media converters, monitors, frame grabbers and other industry related equipment
What’s in it for you?
- Solving complex problems that improve daily the lives of people around the world
- Opportunity to work with cutting edge technologies in a high-growth industry
- Career growth and stability
- Casual work environment with flexible work hours
- Full benefits package including generous paid time off benefit, 401(k) and a no-cost medical insurance option for employee and eligible dependents
What we are looking for:
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience OR 2 years of related trade, community college or technical school training
- Understanding of low voltage AC/DC current is required.
- Ability to locate fiber and power lines with utility locate equipment.
- Experience or ability to read ITS (or similar) plans / schematics.
- Excellent communication skills, the ability to work independently and strong problem-solving ability are required.
- Experience utilizing multimeters and basic hand tools (sockets, screwdrivers, small drills) is required.
- Working knowledge of computers and MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is required.
- Basic networking (i.e., assigning IP addresses) and troubleshooting experience is required.
- Valid, non-commercial driver license, with a clean driving record is required
- Ability and willingness to work at high elevations, outdoors (highway, tollway, bucket truck, boom lifts ) and inclement weather is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 25 pounds independently is required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a 24/7/365 environment (Nights, weekends, holidays, on-call basis) is required.
Our Top Candidates will have:
- Experience with RF, microwave, electronics and AC circuitry.
- Experience with fiber termination kits, communication cable termination and test equipment.
- Ability to operate a forklift, scissor lift and or bucket truck
- Industry experience
Kapsch TrafficCom is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality or sex. Kapsch TrafficCom is a drug-free workplace. Kapsch is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you require need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Candidates Requiring Sponsorship: Kapsch TrafficCom regrets that presently we are unable to consider individuals for this position who will require sponsorship for employment visa status (i.e., TN, H1-B, OPT, etc.).
Unsolicited Third-Party Candidates: Please note that Kapsch TrafficCom does not accept unsolicited resumes/candidates from third-party recruiters that are not engaged and under written contract with Kapsch TrafficCom. Any employment agency, individual or entity that submits an unsolicited resume/candidate acknowledges and understands that Kapsch TrafficCom has the right to hire any applicant at its own discretion without any fee owed or due to the submitting third-party employment agency, individual or entity. For more information, please contact email@example.com