Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.Traffic Operations Center Operator
Kapsch TrafficCom North America
The work involves operating a variety of Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) devices and information systems to monitor, evaluate, and direct traffic operations in the Riverside County Trasnportation Commission (RCTC) I-15 Express Lanes coverage area, along with coordinating with the Freeway Service Patrol (FSP) and First Responders and State DOT (Caltrans) personnel.
COVID-19 - Our Response and Internal Protocols
The health and safety of our employees is of the utmost importance. Kapsch will continue to monitor incoming COVID-19 updates from the OSHA, CDC, WHO, PHAC, Local, State or Federal ordinances, procedure or guidelines and amend and adjust these guidelines at regular intervals as the situation develops. Employees are encouraged to review and follow everyday preventative health actions, as outlined by the CDC, to prevent the spread of communicable illnesses, including coronavirus, the flu and other viruses.
We are actively following health, safety and travel guidelines established by the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and other local and regional health organizations, including, but not limited to:
Social Distancing -
- All team members are asked to refrain from handshakes and maintain a distance of six (6) feet from each other, regardless of wearing a mask, at all times when feasible.
Employee Screening –
- Employee screening process will be mandated when requested by Client, County, or State ordinance.
Health & Safety –
- Team members are required to wear a face covering while in common areas and during in-person conversations (meeting rooms, break rooms, hallways, restrooms, etc.) All PPE, with the exception of respirators N95 or greater, will be provided to the employee and at the expense of Kapsch.
- It is critical that employees NOT report to work while they are experiencing illness symptoms such as fever, cough, or shortness of breath.
- Confirmed Case protocols to ensure the safety and support of all impacted team members.
NOTE: If an employee develops symptoms similar to those of COVID-19, the employee will be sent home and advised to seek appropriate medical treatment. Employee can return to work after approval from Human resources.
- All personnel will wash hands or use hand sanitizer upon arrival to office, prior to using communal spaces and equipment, after using the restroom and prior to departure.
- All frequently touched surfaces in the workplace, such as workstations, countertops, and doorknobs will be cleaned and sanitized throughout the day.
- Our Health and Safety Team is responsible for analyzing, planning and coordinating personnel, processes, systems and technology to minimize the impact of disruptive events on our business operations. We are confident in our ability to maintain critical business functions, and we will continue to monitor updates and make the necessary adjustments to ensure the health and safety of our employees and clients.