Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
This exciting and pivotal role is ideally suited to a person with previous experience in technical positions and technical pre-sales and enjoys a client facing role, solving customers challenges while working in a fast paced dynamic team.
The role is focused on expanding our traffic and demand management software footprint in Asia-Pacific with a view on utilizing sophisticated and cutting edge cloud-based mobility software solutions to reduce congestion and improve safety on our roads.
You will be trained and emersed in the latest in deep learning and machine/artificial intelligent (A.I) based technology and form part of a regional solution development team developing new use cases and applications for this emerging technology.
Who You Are
- Possessing a Bachelor's degree in controls systems engineering or similar;
- Having 5+ years minimum of experience in pre-sales and technical positions;
- An interest in software innovation and technology who is proactive and inquisitive in personality;
- Experienced in different DB technologies (e.g., Oracle, Sybase, DB2, MS SQL Server) and DB architecture;
- Experience in A.I / deep learning based solutions and/or cloud-based analytic platforms highly desirable (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google);
- Experience in ITS, traffic management, demand management and urban mobility (C-ITS) management highly desirable; and
- Experience in automation, SCADA and process automation systems desirable.
What You Will Be Doing
- Providing product expertise, application development and technical pre-sales support to the sales team and key regional clients;
- Part of the Kapsch innovation team, developing new local solutions and taking part in business case reviews to launch your or a team members new idea;
- Communicating and working closely with our global solution centres; mainly the US and Spain and part of forming our regional product roadmap working closely with the strategy team within the business;
- Providing product training to external customers, new partners and internally to staff;
- Conducting innovation and technology based workshops with private and public sector clients across the APAC region providing knowledge of our solutions to new and existing clients, developing our new use cases within;
- Meeting with and understanding the customer’s business requirements and translating them into solutions that fit the customer’s needs from a technical and commercial perspective through a discussion with the customer and the sales team;
- Conducting technical webinar sand producing local technical content to external customers at workshops or conferences to establish yourself as a product expert with the ITS field. This will include travel when COVID restrictions allow for it; and
- Reporting to the Head of Solution Consulting.
At Kapsch, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote diversity and inclusion. As an international company, we are committed to building a workforce that is representative of the communities in which we live and operate. Our culture thrives on mutual respect, responsibility, professionalism, dynamism while working together as a team towards achieving our goals. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we give our employees an opportunity to grow and develop their careers and we are big on learning.
- Opportunity to work with a Global Company – Job Stability
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunity
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Flexibility, Supportive, dynamic & driven team
- Paid Birthday Leave
- 1 Day Paid Special Leave in December
- Access to EAP and Wellness Activities
- Online Learning and access to LinkedIn Learning
- Town Hall Meetings and other company-sponsored activities
Kapsch is a values-driven organization and we work closely as a team. We are a Learning organization that invests in our employee development through various learning platforms. We work as a team where collaboration and information sharing is a way of life.
Our recruitment process requires that all candidates who progress to the pre-employment stage must have right to work and must hold a police clearance issued within the last six months.
If this role sounds like your next challenge, we are excited to hear from you!