Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
- Perform routine database maintenance tasks such as patching, database optimization, and database tuning
- Install, configure, and upgrade database software and associated tools
- Implement and enforce database security measures, including access controls, authentication and encryption
- Develop and maintain robust backup and recovery strategies to protect data
- Monitor database performance and forecast future database storage
- Diagnose and resolve database-related issues and incidents promptly
- Plan and execute data migrations between database systems or versions
- Maintain comprehensive documentation of database configurations, procedures, and best practices
- Strong knowledge of database management systems (DBMS), specifically Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL.
- Experience in database performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Knowledge of data security best practices and compliance requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Relevant certifications (e.g., Oracle Certified Professional, Microsoft Certified Database Administrator) would be for advantage.
- You will be part of an exciting endeavor in an international company with European roots
- A hands-on onboarding with an experienced team to get familiar with the business and domain-related processes
- Space for creating innovative solutions and ideas within a professional team practicing Agile methodologies
- Social benefits of a modern company, e.g. Homeoffice, mobile devices, flexible working hours, operating restaurants, meal discount, bridge day regulation etc.
- Working in an ambitioned team, brave to try out new technologies
- A market-compatible gross salary of € 50.000 p.a. – which can be adapted according to your qualification and relevant experience
Kapsch is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We attach great importance to a balance in the diversity of our employees. Therefore we welcome all applications without regard to gender, age, religious beliefs/ideology, sexual orientation, ethnicity or national origin.