Kapsch TrafficCom is a market leading, global provider of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) in the segments of toll collection, traffic management, safety and security, smart urban mobility and connected vehicles. Kapsch TrafficCom's end-to-end solutions cover our customers' entire value creation chain, from components and design to the installation, operation and through-life support of mission- and revenue-critical systems.
In this entry-level role, the System Engineer will participate in the entire lifecycle of projects including installation, configuration, commissioning, testing, and training for Kapsch ITS Roadside Systems solutions.
Main Tasks / Responsibilities
As appropriate, the role will be responsible for the following indicative and non-exhaustive activities.
- Kapsch Roadside Systems hardware and software installation, commissioning, testing, and operations support;
- Systems Performance analysis and Technical support ensuring the highest levels of availability and performance;
- Systems data and logs collection and analysis to troubleshoot errors and correct deficiencies with the support of the Solution center;
- Tracking, managing and reporting on system issues;
- Identification and permanent rectification of equipment faults;
- Maintaining a good understanding and IT competency of Networks, Linux, Windows, SQL, and Microsoft Office;
- Maintaining general knowledge and compliance of Engineering, Electrical and HSSEQ Standards whilst ensuring all standards and procedures are adhered to;
- Documentation and maintenance of product manuals plus records of associated malfunctions;
- Travel as required and directed by the Engineering Manager.
Customer Engagement and Sales Tasks:
- Support customer requirements ensuring to always represent the Companies best interest to the customer;
- Actively seek opportunities and provide feedback into the appropriate internal channels (Line Manager, Sales etc.); and
- Apply initiative in scoping areas of opportunity.
- Degree qualified in Computer Engineering, Mechatronics Engineering, Electrical Engineering or relevant Engineering discipling;
- Hands-on and superior fault-finding skills in electronic equipment and IT;
- IT competent (Databases, Windows, Linux, Microsoft, Networking, SQL);
- Current Australian full driver’s license.