We have an exciting full-time opportunity for a recent Graduate Mechatronics or Mechanical Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative Engineering team in Melbourne. This position is ideally suited to a self-motivated, hands-on individual who will work in all stages of our projects.
You will form part of the Mechanical and Electrical Roadside Systems Design team reporting directly to the Engineering Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Be an active participant in a small design team of engineers to deliver innovative designs focused on low cost, high quality, and reliability.
- Complete designs from concepts through to installation with guidance and mentoring.
- Create Engineering drawings and technical documents to support designs.
- Create 3D models for part, assembly drawings and bills of materials.
- Conduct quality inspection of parts and creating QA/QC reports.
- Formulating design briefs to comply with relevant standards and specifications.
- Participate in design reviews internally and with Customers.
- Ensuring all relevant standards are adhered to in relation to Quality, Engineering, and Operational Health and Safety.
The successful candidate will receive training and be well supported to ensure development within our business. Future opportunities in Installation and Commissioning and Systems Engineering are available within the team.
This role will suit an enthusiastic and resilient individual who is a self-starter with a strong can-do attitude and can work as part of a team.
You will need a broad range of skills, a tertiary degree and some technical experience obtained in an internship or similar program.
- Degree qualification in relevant Engineering disciple such as Mechatronic or Mechanical.
- Experience with drafting software such as Inventor or AutoCAD.
- IT competent (Databases, Windows, Linux, Microsoft, Networking).
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office programs, including MS Word and Excel.
- Excellent English language skills, both written and verbal.
- An enquiring mind who proactively seeks solutions to complex technical challenges.
- A current full Australian Driver's License is preferred.