Main Tasks / Responsibilities
As appropriate, the role will be responsible for the following indicative and non-exhaustive activities.
- Understand the customer’s business requirements and translate them into solutions that fit the customer’s needs from a technical and commercial perspective;
- Develop business and delivery models;
- Ensure technical and commercial adequacy of solutions, building widely on the company’s standard solution portfolio;
- Conduct pre-sales activities (e.g. demos and workshops) and provide technical support to sales;
- Drive definition of customer specific solution in collaboration with other global functions (e.g. Solution Management, Engineering, Delivery, Operations);
- Liaise with global Solution Management;
- Safeguard a comprehensive set of documentation, education and marketing material (internal / external);
- Perform regional market surveys and identify market trends;
- Feed the baseline portfolio with market requirements, pricing policies and regional competitor information;
- Provide bid support, especially during hand-over from pre-sales to bid phase.
- Technical expert support in delivery/on-going projects;
- Develop strategies to define and shape markets with regard to Kapsch's overall strategy and product/solution portfolio.
- Other activities may be added to the above list as needed, related to general technical and commercial support in activities carried out by the Employer as part of their business development in the tolling and ITS industry. You will also be required to undertake duties and tasks as outlined by the Vice President Solution Consulting as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (engineering discipline) or higher;
- 2-3 years minimum of experience in pre-sales and technical positions in the ITS industry (RSS knowhow mandated);
- Good knowledge of the Australian and New Zealand ITS market;
- Strong conceptual thinking and design capabilities;
- Business fluent in English; every further language skill is a highly welcome asset; and
- Readiness for domestic and international business trips.
- Motivated and seeking collaboration in international teams;
- Strong customer focus mindset and high work ethic;
- Exceptional collaboration, presentation and communication skills;
- Flexible, pro-active, self-motivated and self-starter individual who is eager to learn and has a keen perception;
- Demonstration of exemplary organisational and time management skills;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to create strong and productive relationships with staff and clients;
- Completion of required responsibilities in a timely/accurate manner;
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to identify errors and rectify them;
- Is proactive and uses initiative, anticipates needs of partners and staff;
- Co-operative, displays a positive ‘can do’ attitude;
- Ability to adhere to instructions from all levels;
- Ability to work collaboratively with other staff as well as independently;
- Demonstration of commitment to the Corporate values;
- A proven commitment to high quality service;
- The ability to comprehend and deal appropriately with a variety of information;
- Ability to manage change and deal with stress effectively.