Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
Why Join Us?
- Flexibility - Hybrid work model with flexibility to WFH 2-3 days per week
- Stability & Career Advancement – Opportunity to grow within our team or beyond with a great network & training opportunities
- Down To Earth Culture – Down to earth, honest & open management team
- Great Working Conditions – Supportive, dynamic & driven team who have your back
We have an exciting opportunity for an Estimation & Procurement Specialist to join our fast growing team in Melbourne. Our team is a mix of diverse, energetic and customer focused individuals who have a common goal; to support our customers and help contribute to grow our business across the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region.
You, as part of a team, will provide detailed and accurate pricing estimation support to collate various internal and external pricing as part of bids and customer proposals. You will also provide feedback to identify and improve pricing efficiency and coordination of bids. You will also support procurement of hardware from overseas manufacturing.
Your tasks will involve:
Support the bid manager in leading activity for gathering internal and where required, 3rd party pricing to review, calculate and populate pricing matrices for major tenders and bids.
- Develop pricing strategies to meet customers' needs while providing a profit for the organization;
- Generate pricing matrix’s for cost and profit analysis;
- Designs, implements and maintains pricing infrastructures;
- Collaborating with Sales and Solution Consulting departments on developing and implementing competitive pricing strategies;
- Further enhance dynamic pricing tools to effectively respond to different solutions and pricing strategies;
- Evaluate effectiveness of pricing strategies and modifies pricing structures as needed;
- Create pricing models to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies and/or meet customer price breakdown requirements;
- Review and assist with Purchase Order and/or Invoice discrepancies to resolve pricing, quantity and unit of measure issues to ensure payment within terms for all vendors;
- Purchase goods/services that meet the quantity and quality expectations of the business;
- Draft, edit, review documentation and provide coordination to support bid processes; and
- Support the local Bid and Proposal Manager in cost estimations for projects, bid go/no-go/kick off presentations and helps articulate the cost calculations internally.
You will have experience in a project based environment working across the internal sales team.
Ideally, you will have:
- Tertiary Bachelor degree or TAFE Certification in business or engineering desirable;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Estimator/Pricing, Procurement Specialist or similar;
- Possesses knowledge of methodology for cost estimations in projects and ability to understand & articulate cost calculations Experience working within a similar project based environment;
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel;
- Technical understanding of electrical and software engineering principles highly desirable;
- Knowledge of sales principles and customer service practices;
- Experience in using a sales portal / CRM systems; and
- Able to have fun, be safe and make the workplace enjoyable.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you by clicking the 'APPLY NOW' button! If you had any further questions about the role or wish to discuss please email us at email@example.com