Kapsch TrafficCom is a globally renowned provider of transportation solutions for sustainable mobility. Innovative solutions in the application fields of tolling, tolling services, traffic management and demand management contribute to a healthy world without congestion.
We currently have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Systems Administrator to join our office in Brisbane. The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing systems maintenance, support and operation of the IT infrastructure system of Kapsch clients' hosted environments.
This role isn’t an IT help desk supporting end users, it is a systems administrator for the maintenance of servers, network and the IT infrastructure in general; providing technical advice and support to the first level support team.
The role will be responsible for:
- Become the escalation point (level 2 Response team) for troubleshooting and maintenance;
- Subject Matter Expert on security, vulnerability and commercial software upgrades, providing internal and external recommendations;
- Manage servers, network and supporting software;
- Configure and maintain IT hardware infrastructure;
- Define and maintain product manuals and procedures;
- Guide the Level 1 support team, to carry out daily system monitoring to identify technical related issues and resolve incidents;
- Reporting of infrastructure and network systems performance and security updates for management review;
- Manage hardware or software failures, coordinating and communicating with impacted parties; and
- Participate in project establishment and scoping for system implementation;
- Coordinate with third-party vendors, on renewal and support extensions;
- Promote best practices and identify improvement opportunities;
- Provide occasional support to Level 1 Response team, outside of business hours for resolution of critical incidents.
Our line of work is essential to the operation of roads, ensuring our customers have the resources they need to ensure the road users safety and therefore COVID has no impacted our continuation.
You are highly organised and motivated. You possess a keen eye for detail and able to use your out of the box thinking to solve complex technical issues.
This role will suit someone with:
- Tertiary qualification in IT, Software Engineer or similar is preferred;
- 5+ years’ experience in an IT customer service or technical role with a demonstrated ability and hands on experience configuring, managing and supporting computer systems;
- Previous experience administering Windows Servers (2008-2016) and VMWare (physical and virtual servers);
- Experience configuring and managing LAN, WAN, Backup, Disaster Recover and various security systems; and
- ITIL Foundation Certification and Vendor Certification.
If this sounds like the role for, click 'APPLY NOW'.