Kapsch TrafficCom develops smart solutions to make mobility safer, more sustainable and efficient for everybody. We design, build and operate traffic management systems including connected vehicles technology and mobility demand management as well as tolling services for cities, roads, tunnels and bridges around the world. We develop data and video analytics platforms, building on state-of-the-art technologies including AI, machine learning, big data and cloud services to enable the digitalization of mobility.
We are looking for a Senior System Engineer to participate in different international projects related to Intelligent Transportation Systems.
Our projects include the delivery of a high profile project to two countries that have a long history as world leaders in traffic management. We are providing a system that moves towards a new generation of traffic management systems integrating a wide range of functions, disparate systems and existing roadside devices. The open, scalable and modular architecture of our DYNAC® product allows the addition of new applications, resulting in a single system which has the capability to incorporate future solutions that have not yet been implemented.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support in the pre-sale and bidding phases
- Preparation of offers
- Project delivery.
- RFP analysis to identify the main customer requirements and define the best technical solution.
- Analysis of the technical evolution of the market and its technology.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering or Computer Science discipline (or an equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Minimum of tenyears of experience in system engineering/project management in a project delivery organization across both systems and software delivery.
- Experience in the delivery of Intelligent Transportation Systems, or Advanced Traffic Management Systems is required.
- Relevant ITS/ATMS experience should include tunnel SCADA, tunnel control systems, traffic detection and monitoring, CCTV, incident detection, incident response, decision support, traffic data processing and reporting.
- Applicants should be available for 20% travel based on project requirements, including international travel, as such a passport is required.
- Applicants must be able to speak English.
- Open-ended contract
- Attractive salary package
- Flexible remuneration plan
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- 30 working days of vacations