Kapsch TrafficCom is a provider of intelligent transportation systems in the fields of tolling, traffic management, smart urban mobility, traffic safety and security and connected vehicles. As a one-stop solutions provider, Kapsch TrafficCom offers end-to-end solutions covering the entire value creation chain of its customers, from components and design to the implementation and operation of systems. The mobility solutions supplied by Kapsch TrafficCom help make road traffic safer and more reliable, efficient, and comfortable in urban areas and on highways alike while helping to reduce pollution.
We are looking for an Application Operations Engineer for our international team.
- Provides 2nd level Application/System end-to-end support experience for the customer for proprietary applications, as well as COTS components.
- Troubleshoots and identifies resolution for complex issues within defined SLAs using available workarounds or permanent fixes.
- Initiates and drives problem management activities.
- Deployment of software releases to production and pre-production environments.
- Creates and maintains system and service documentation, including knowledge sharing.
- Generates application performance reports using availability and performance management toolset.
- Fosters interaction and collaboration with customers, internal teams (i.e. L1, L3), development and 3rd parties.
- Contributes to project specific task with/without technical lead function.
- Continuous system improvement, both quality and efficiency wise in the areas of application monitoring, overall system architecture, backup and roll-back plans, performance tuning and testing.
- Higher education with IT background (University degree is an asset).
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of application management in complex environments (ideally in the area of intelligent mobility solutions).
- Experienced with state-of the art system environments of common vendors, including infrastructure services, virtualization, PaaS / SaaS and the related monitoring and orchestration platforms.
- Experienced with the transition of legacy environments into PaaS / SaaS oriented architectures.
- ITIL v3/v4 or similar IT certification is required.
- Creative Team player with good communication skills, analytical thinking and outcome focused personality.
- Business fluent in English and Spanish language (both written and oral).
- Willingness to work on shifts or standby rotation 24/7/365.
- Open-ended contract
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working model
- Holidays: 30 working days
- Other benefits within flexible retribution plan: health insurance, restaurant pass card, public transport card etc.
- Challenging the limits of mobility for a healthy world without congestion
- Adiverse and dynamic international working environment of Kapsch TrafficCom and opportunities for personal growth
- A hands-on onboarding with an experienced team to get familiar with the business and domain-related processes
- Possibility to work in an international company that operates in a dynamic industry where the working environment favors the professional growth.